As at November 2019
- The landscape project: a group is working virtually looking at digital maps and resources to identify sites of potential interest and match them to the HER record.
- The Vicars Court – see the featured blog posts. A group have done some lovely drawings of stonework recovered from our project, they can be viewed by following this link.
2. Field walking, investigating the landscape of the 956 “Peculiar”. Currently we are analysing the latest finds and learning especially about the ceramics we have collected – see field walking posts in the Category menu. We will be continuing more surveys when conditions allow.
3.A Buildings group have a project investigating the wall paintings in the Saracen’s Head, with the support of a grant from the Thoroton Society we are looking to publish the results later this year. The Buildings Group are also updating their publication on the old venacular buildings of Southwell.
4. A ceramic research group is forming as an offshoot of the field walking project.
5. Finds are being processed from our dig at Norwell Overhall.